- Start by wearing a fitted pair of leggings.
- Take the saree and tuck one end into the leggings at the center.
- Wrap the saree around your waist, ensuring it is tight and secure.
- Make pleats on the remaining length of the saree and tuck them into the front of the leggings.
- Continue wrapping the saree around your waist until it is fully draped.
- Secure the loose end of the saree by tucking it into the waistband of the leggings.
- Adjust the pleats and pallu (loose end) of the saree to achieve your desired look.
How to Wear Saree With Leggings?
Wearing a saree with leggings is a trendy and fashionable way to give a modern twist to this traditional Indian attire. It allows for greater comfort and ease of movement while still maintaining the elegance and grace of a saree. Whether you're attending a wedding, a festive celebration, or simply want to experiment with your style, here's a comprehensive guide on how to wear a saree with leggings.
1. Choose the Right Leggings
When it comes to pairing leggings with a saree, it's essential to select the right type and color. Opt for leggings that are made of stretchable and breathable fabric, such as cotton or lycra, to ensure comfort and flexibility. As for the color, choose a shade that complements the saree. Black, white, and nude are versatile options that can be paired with sarees of any color.
Additionally, consider the length of the leggings. They should ideally reach your ankles or slightly below to create a seamless look. Avoid leggings that are too short or too long, as they can disrupt the overall aesthetic.
2. Draping the Saree
Start by tucking one end of the saree into the leggings at the center of your waist. Make sure the fabric is secure and doesn't slip. Then, take the loose end of the saree and drape it around your waist, bringing it from the back to the front, creating pleats along the way. Secure the pleats with safety pins to keep them in place.
Next, take the remaining fabric and bring it over your shoulder, allowing it to fall gracefully. Adjust the length of the saree according to your preference, ensuring it doesn't touch the ground. Use safety pins to secure the pallu (the loose end) on your shoulder for a polished look.
3. Styling Tips
Now that you've draped the saree with leggings, it's time to add some stylish touches to complete the look. Here are a few tips:
- Accessorize: Enhance your ensemble with statement jewelry, such as earrings, bangles, or a necklace. Choose accessories that complement the color and style of your saree.
- Blouse Selection: Opt for a well-fitted blouse that matches the overall aesthetic of the saree. You can experiment with different necklines, sleeve lengths, and back designs to add a contemporary touch.
- Footwear: Pair your saree with comfortable yet stylish footwear. Heels, flats, or sandals can all work depending on the occasion and your personal preference.
- Hairstyle: Experiment with different hairstyles to complement your saree. From a classic bun to loose curls or a braided updo, choose a hairstyle that suits your face shape and the overall look.
4. Benefits of Wearing Saree With Leggings
Wearing a saree with leggings offers several advantages:
- Comfort: Leggings provide ease of movement compared to traditional petticoats, allowing you to move freely and comfortably.
- Modernity: The combination of saree and leggings adds a contemporary touch to this traditional attire, making it suitable for various occasions.
- Versatility: Leggings come in a variety of colors and designs, allowing you to experiment with different looks and styles.
- Stability: Leggings offer a secure and stable foundation for draping the saree, preventing it from slipping or becoming uneven.
5. Tips to Enhance Your Look
Here are some additional tips to enhance your saree with leggings look:
- Experiment with Prints: Don't shy away from trying sarees with different prints and patterns. Floral, geometric, or abstract designs can add a unique flair to your ensemble.
- Layering: Consider adding a stylish jacket or cape over your saree for a trendy and fashionable look.
- Play with Colors: Mix and match different colors to create interesting combinations. Don't be afraid to experiment and step outside your comfort zone.
- Accessorize with a Belt: Add a belt around your waist to cinch in the saree and create a more defined silhouette.
Wearing a saree with leggings is a contemporary and stylish way to embrace traditional Indian fashion. By following these steps and tips, you can effortlessly pull off this look for any occasion. Remember to choose the right leggings, drape the saree properly, and add stylish elements to enhance your overall ensemble. With confidence and creativity, you'll rock the saree with leggings look like a fashion pro!
Key Takeaways: How to Wear Saree With Leggings?
- Wearing a saree with leggings is a comfortable and trendy option.
- Choose leggings that complement the color and design of your saree.
- Make sure the length of the leggings is appropriate, not too short or too long.
- Pair your saree and leggings with a well-fitted blouse or top.
- Accessorize your outfit with statement jewelry and a matching clutch.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can you wear a saree with leggings?
Yes, you can definitely wear a saree with leggings. In fact, wearing a saree with leggings has become quite popular and is a comfortable alternative to wearing a petticoat. Leggings provide ease of movement and are suitable for various occasions. Whether it's a casual outing or a formal event, you can confidently wear a saree with leggings.
When choosing leggings to wear with a saree, opt for leggings that match the color of your saree or go for neutral shades like black or white. Make sure the leggings are stretchable and comfortable to wear throughout the day. Pairing your saree with leggings can give a modern and trendy look while maintaining the elegance of the traditional attire.
2. How do you drape a saree with leggings?
Draping a saree with leggings is similar to draping it with a petticoat. Start by wearing your leggings and tucking the loose end of the saree into the waistband at the center. Then, take the pallu (the loose end of the saree) and bring it to the front over your left shoulder, allowing it to fall gracefully.
Next, pleat the remaining fabric of the saree and tuck it into the waistband at the center, creating neat and even pleats. Adjust the length of the saree according to your preference and secure it with safety pins. Finally, accessorize with a belt or waistband to enhance your waistline and complete the saree with leggings look.
3. What type of saree is best suited for wearing with leggings?
When choosing a saree to wear with leggings, opt for fabrics that drape well and are comfortable to wear. Lightweight fabrics like chiffon, georgette, and crepe are popular choices as they provide a flowy and elegant look. These fabrics also work well with leggings and allow for ease of movement.
Additionally, consider the design and pattern of the saree. Bold prints, vibrant colors, and intricate embroidery can add a touch of glamour to your saree with leggings ensemble. Experiment with different styles and combinations to find the perfect saree that suits your personal taste and occasion.
4. How can I style my saree with leggings for a casual look?
For a casual look, you can style your saree with leggings in a more relaxed and effortless way. Choose a cotton or linen saree for a comfortable and breathable feel. Opt for subtle prints or solid colors to keep the look minimalistic.
Instead of draping the pallu over your shoulder, you can let it fall freely or create a simple pleated drape. Pair your saree with leggings in a contrasting color to create a visually appealing combination. Complete the casual look with minimal accessories and a comfortable pair of flats or sandals.
5. Can I wear heels with a saree and leggings?
Absolutely! You can wear heels with a saree and leggings to add height and elevate your overall look. Heels not only enhance your posture but also give a more polished and sophisticated appearance.
When choosing heels, consider the length of your saree. If you have a long saree, opt for heels with a moderate height to prevent the saree from sweeping the ground. If you have a shorter saree, you can go for higher heels to create a more elongated silhouette. Choose heels that you feel comfortable walking in and that complement your saree and leggings ensemble.